Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems saving data and date
01-25-2017, 02:47 AM
Problems saving data and date
Hello everyone!

I'm using Lizard-swap running on a RPi with a panStick as modem and 3 panStamp for the moment just sending the Id and Voltage.

I have modified the SwapManager.py file to create a .txt and store the id of the panStamp every time I receive a notification on the modem. The problem is that I keep them in a row, the code is:

file = open("Prueba.txt", "a")
file.write(str(endpoints.RegAddress()) + "\n")
file.close()

I would also like to save the date and time of arrival of each notification, but I do not know where I can get those data.

A greeting.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2017, 04:14 AM
RE: Problems saving data and date
Hi @Davvid_,

Why not simply log the MQTT packet transmitted by lagarto? You can do it from an external software like node-red. Otherwise you'll probably want to put your code into swapPacketReceived. It's not currently being used by SwapManager but you can add it any time. It's defined from pyswap/swap/SwapInterface.py.

In any case, I recommend you to do the log from the outside.

Daniel Berenguer
http://www.panstamp.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2017, 02:20 AM
Hello Daniel

I do not understand what you want to tell me.

What I try to do is a totally autonomous system without internet connection. Therefore, what I intend is to store the data of a sensor in a file along with the time and date of activation of said sensor.

That is why I want to be able to take the data and parse so that I can interpret them better when accessing the file with the data.

I do not know if you understand what I want to do.

A greeting.
Thank.
Find all posts by this user
01-26-2017, 04:16 AM
Well, you don't need to have an Internet connection to work with MQTT. You can simply run it in your LAN. Otherwise, try the hack explained in my precedent e-mail (swapPacketReceived is your callback function in SwapManager).

Daniel Berenguer
http://www.panstamp.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user